Netflix is the kingpin of on-demand video streaming services, having gained universal acclaim. With over fifty million subscribers and with a broad range of HD videos that have exceeded 20,000 by far, Netflix can boast having gathered significant content and having attracted the interest of the public to an enormous extent.
Besides excellent series and films, documentaries and shows, it has been creating its very own entertainment options for its subscribers. One of the wild successes of the streaming service is House of Cards, which premieres on February 27th for its 3rd season.
To enjoy Netflix’s eclectic mix of shows, it is imperative that you’re located in one of the many countries where the service is streamed. Netflix is streamed in the United States, Latin America and Canada, as well as in Europe.
Netflix is planning to expand its target audience and has started doing so; nevertheless, the process can be time-consuming and bumpy over time. However, if you are lucky enough to live in the United States for the full Netflix version or you proceed with masking your IP address to gain access to Netflix anywhere via VPN or any other means, such as the use of DNS, free anonymous proxies and so on), you will realize that there is another issue to take care of.
Netflix requires its subscribers to use a valid credit card to login and browse through the great content that they have to offer. This however can be frustrating for people who value their anonymity and don’t want to reveal their private information or who just don’t have a US credit card of their own to use.
Here’s how you can sign up for Netflix right now without a credit card!
How can I Sign-up for Netflix account without a credit card in 2016?
The first step is to sign up for a VPN service provider.
There are quite a few great VPN service providers that are up to the task and will enable you to conceal your true IP address and change it to an American one that unblocks any geographical restrictions. Unfortunately, though most of these are blocked by Netflix. So, before moving to the next step, make sure that you have subscribed to a good VPN for Netflix (the one we can recommend is NordVPN). Install its app and connect to a US based server. If you use NordVPN to access Netflix you won’t be disappointed.
Create an e-mail address
Netflix offers a 30-day free trial to all subscribers. They use the provided email addresses to keep track. Some cunning users have taken advantage of this and set up multiple email accounts (none of which have personally identifying information). Basically here’s how the con works. As soon their 30-day free Netflix trial expires, they register with a new email account to get another 30-day free trial.
Many of these users will go ahead and create an easily disposable email address like 10 Minute Mail or they’ll use gmail to create email addresses with a slight variation so as to keep track. For instance, let’s say your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, it could have many variants such as Netflix.loverwithnocreditcard@gmail, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and so on. We however don’t recommend this as it may flout Netflix’s user policy.
After getting the e-mail address, you are ready to visit Netflix website. Proceed with signing up and enter the info requested (you can use fake name and address, of course). Use the e-mail that you have created and click on the Start button. Now, you will be redirected to the payment details and the request of entering your credit card number – which brings us to the following (and last) step.
Access Netflix without a Credit Card
There are various ways for you to overcome this last barrier, before accessing Netflix without a valid credit card. Let’s check them out!
- PayPal: PayPal has become a popular payment method, due to the flexibility that it provides to its users. So, if you do not feel comfortable with the idea of sharing your banking information and the number of your credit card with Netflix, you can start paying via PayPal. The process of signing up for PayPal is simple and straightforward; after signing up, you can link your PayPal account to any bank account or credit/debit card of your choice and complete your financial transactions (including the payment of Netflix bills) online.
- Debit Cards: Instead of using a credit card, you can equally easily use a debit card. There is the misconception that a debit card is the same as a gift card or a prepaid card that is issued by banking institutions. This is not the case; actually, there are major differences that have made Netflix consider the use of debit cards as convenient and safe.On the contrary, any other gift or prepaid card comes with a greater risk of not having the right amount of money when the payment is due. Typical gift cards tend to get rejected by Netflix payment system most of the times.
- Netflix Gift Cards: While all the other gift cards are not valid, the Netflix gift cards will do just fine! If you are wondering where you can find these cards, you can buy them straight from Netflix’s official page or at one of the major online stores (Amazon, eBay). They make excellent gifts for your loved ones, as well! Alternatively, just do a quick Google search and you’ll turn up results that would offer guidance on where you can get gift cards for Netflix.
- Fake Credit Card Numbers: Some sites that promise to hand you over a large number of bogus credit cards online. In the form of example, you can turn to http://www.getcreditcardnumbers.com/ or http://dfiles.eu/files/ax5hlg3n2 as valid credit card generators to have a credit card number for Netflix. Alternatively, there is an Android app called CardGen that you can use. Still, you should know that this method is not at all guaranteed. Actually, it does not work all of the times (with a rate of success that is about 50%).
- Share Netflix accounts: Last but not least, you can ask from a friend or relative to share their Netflix account with you. Netflix allows up to five different profiles to be linked to the very same account – because of the Netflix account sharing official permit you’re not going to get into any trouble doing this. This works perfectly for large families or groups of friends. You can even go halfsies with your friends who agree to share their Netflix account with you. Even in this case, you will get the opportunity to enjoy Netflix without the use of a credit card.
As you can see, there are different approaches as to how you can get Netflix without any credit card use. This can work just fine if you wish to profit from the free trial of Netflix (that can extend up to 30 days), and be sure not to pay any monetary fee for the renewal of your subscription. On the other hand, if you want to extend Netflix free trial, you can repeat the process by which you got free Netflix account here.
Simply cancel the account once it’s about to expire, use fake credit card and personal details again, use your misspelled Gmail address (see how I explained the benefits of using Gmail above) and that’s going to be all you’d need to do. In case you had used your credit card, the renewal would be put into effect immediately once your membership expires, and perhaps you would not even realize when your free trial would expire.
Note: In case you used a VPN or any other tool to change your IP to another country, let say America for getting US Netflix. And then Netflix gives you an error like “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy…”, don’t panic, simply check our Netflix proxy error fix out.
Top/Featured Image: By Wesley Fryer / Flickr