In compliance with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), the Site will take immediate action in cases of any alleged copyright infringement. The guidelines of notification applying in such cases are strictly outlined at https://www.copyright.gov. The copyright legislation ought to be complied with by all users of SG.
Regardless of the Site’s liability as to the infringed property, the respective content will be removed from the Site and at times there will be additional restriction or disablement of access to SG. However, in good faith we will contact the affected site’s administrator for offering the opportunity to proceed with a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of DMCA. In case of infringement, you are urged to contact us via our contact us form. In order for the notification of yours to be regarded as valid, it should include the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted content and, if it is more than one, a list of the copyrighted contents.
- Identification of the content that is violating the policy regarding infringement.
- Physical or electronic signature of the authorized person who can claim the removal of the infringing content.
- Adequate contacting information of the party that contacts the Site for disabling the content and removing it from the web.
- A statement of good faith as to the certainty that the content under dispute of infringement has not been authorized by SG.
- Finally, a statement that acknowledges that everything written within the notification is accurate and that the complaining party acts on behalf of the owner of the copyrights. Such a statement is completed under penalty of perjury.
Of course, counter notification will be sent, including the following for making it effective:
- Identification of the content that has been removed, as well as the place where it was published.
- A statement of good faith that the content has been removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification (under penalty of perjury).
- Adequate contact information and full compliance with the respective legislation regarding infringement in any judicial district.
- Electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the alleged infringer.
Please be advised that the DMCA issues additional penalties for false counter notifications, as a response to lawful notifications of infringement. The same applies to those who file false claims.
After the issuance of a counter-notification, a copy will be sent to the Complaining Party. If the Site does not hear from them within 10 business days after the receipt of the counter-notification regarding the action filed legally, the Site can restore the removed content.