The Exodus Kodi add-on is actually a fork from the original and once very popular Genesis Kodi addon.
However, the specific version of Exodus that we want to talk about today is Exodus 8.0.
Our research shows that this Kodi addon does a terrific job of playing TV shows and movies in a neatly organized manner.
The formatting is well thought of as well.
Readers should know that the original developers of Exodus have long abandoned the add-on.
In other words, they no longer maintain it.
However, because of the great Kodi community, Exodus version 8 has had periodic updates from various other Kodi add-on enthusiasts.
And they have rolled out the most recent Exodus 8.0.
Exodus has again started to pull in tons of links for streaming purposes.
We thought Exodus version 6 and 7 were good.
But Exodus version 8.0 is the best of them all.
Exodus has this ongoing problem of showing users the Indigo dependency Kodi error.
It is even present in Exodus 8.0.
And while there is an easy solution for that, such as installing Indigo from repositories such as TVaddons.co, doing so does cause Kodi to show some pop-ups.
If you do not want that then you will need to make use of some other great Kodi add-ons that do not show random Kodi pop=ups.
There is also the chance that the official Indigo dependency may not install for you.
If you have located the indigo dependency from the official TVaddons.co repository then perhaps you should try to do the same from inside the Kodi Bae which is usually under the Add-on repository.
At the end of this guide, we will show you some more steps on how to install Indigo if you absolutely need to.
For now, you need to understand that without the help of a good VPN service you should never use Kodi.
That is, if you value your online security and privacy of course.
The other thing is that if you want to sign up for an economical and comprehensive VPN for Kodi then try IPVanish.
IPVanish is the best VPN for Kodi because it offers users multiple high-speed VPN servers and does not log any information on users.
Click here to sign up for IPVanish right now and that too from the official website.
IPVanish has made a bit of a reputation when it comes to Kodi because it is not only reputable and well-known but also secure and private.
All IPVanish packages come with a seven-day money-back guarantee that you can use to get all your money back upon one request.
In other words, you do not need to take any risk while signing up for IPVanish.
So purchase IPVanish today and protect yourself while you stream away to your heart’s content on Kodi.
It is compatible with all Kodi add-ons and does not throttle the user’s internet connection.
Readers should also know that SecurityGladiators.com is not, in any way, affiliated with Kodi or any of its Kodi builds or add-ons.
SecurityGlaiators.com is an information and news site which has never supported nor condoned piracy or copyright infringements.
Hence, readers should only use Kodi and all its services for content that they have already bought and/or used.
Readers should ensure that they only use content that is either available in the public domain or they personally own the content.
The name of the repository under which you can find Exodus 8.0 is Kodi Bae repository.
The URL is as follows: http://lazykodi.com/
As for compatibility, Exodus 8.0 is compatible with both Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi Krypton 17.6.
An alternative URL that has worked for some is http://mega-tron.tv/transform
How to quickly install Kodi addon Exodus 8.0 on Kodi Krypton 17.6
- First, run Kodi and then click on the System Settings symbol which appears in the top left corner of the screen.
- When that is done, you should click on the option that says File Manager.
- After that, you must perform a left click on the option that says Add source.
- Now you need to perform a click on the precise spot where it says NONE.
- After doing so you need to enter the URL which goes exactly like: http://lazyKodi.com.
- Then you need to perform a click on the OK button.
- With that out of the way, you must look at the box that is below the NONE option and click it.
Provide a name for your new source.
We like Lazy.
Then press the OK button
- Then just double check all the information that you have input and then click the OK button again.
- After that make your way back to the main menu of Kodi.
Then click on Add-ons.
- After that click the icon that comes in the shape of a package installer and is located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now perform a click on the option that says Install from zip file.
- After that, Kodi should slide open a box.
From there find the Lazy option and then click on it.
- Then click on ZIPS.
- And then perform a click on KODIBAE.zip.
- Now you need to wait for a bit before Kodi shows you a pop up in the top right corner of the screen informing you that it has installed the Kodi Bae repository.
- After seeing the message you need to click the option that says Install from repository.
- Then you need to click the option that says Video Add-ons.
- After doing that, you must first find and then click the option that says Exodus.
- With that out of the way, click on Install.
How to install Exodus version 8.0 on Kodi Leia 18
- Run Kodi, go to the main menu and then click the icon related to System Settings in the top left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the option that says File Manager.
- After that, look at the left-hand side of the screen and click the option that says Add Source.
- When that is done you must click the option that says NONE.
- After that, provide it with the URL http://lazykodi.com/.
After that, click on OK.
- Now, following from the previous step, you must look at the box that appears just below the NONE option.
Click it and provide it with a name like LAZY and then perform the click action on the OK button.
- Now you need to double check all the details that you have filled in and then click the OK button.
- After completing the previous steps you should head back to the main menu and then click on Add-ons.
- After that click the option that appears in the top left corner of the screen which says Add-on Package Installer.
It is actually an icon so watch out for that.
- Now you must click the option that says Install from zip file.
- Then you should see Kodi sliding open a box.
From there find the option that says Lazy and then click on it.
- Now click Zips.
- And then click the KodiBAE.zip option.
- Now you have to wait again and wait for the message that should appear in the top right corner of the screen informing you that Kodi has installed the Bae repository successfully.
- Now you need to click the option that says Install from repository.
- After that, you should click on the option that says Kodi Bae repository.
- Then click on Video Add-ons.
- After that, find the Exodus option and then click it.
- After that, install it.
- With that out of the way, you need to click on OK when a box shows up on the screen showing you each and every dependency and the Kodi add-ons that Kodi would install inthe next few moments.
How to fix the Indigo dependency Kodi error
We’ll come back to the point about the Indigo dependency not installing for you for one reason or another.
You already know that you can find the Indigo dependency in the repository named TVaddons.co which is present inside the Kodi Bae add-on repository.
Here are the steps that you need to take in order to fix the Indigo dependency error.
- Once you have made your way to Kodi Bae repository, you need to click the option that says Add-on Repository.
- After that, you must click the option that says TVaddons.co Add-on Repository.
- Then you need to click on Install.
- After you have installed TVAddons.co repository, you need to go back and then install the Exodus Kodi addon again.
- That should do it for you.
How to use Exodus 8.0 add-on.
The thing you need to understand about the Exodus 8.0 addon is that it works by scrapping the internet for various TV shows and movie links.
In simpler terms, Exodus 8.0 does not host any type of files.
Exodus only displays links which point to websites that one can find on the internet in pretty much the same way that Google performs a search for various websites.
And like all good Kodi add-ons, Exodus also offers users categories that they can use to watch various TV shows and movies.
Once a user selects a given TV show or a movie, Exodus performs a search on the internet for all possible working links and then displays a long list containing all those links.
If the user clicks the link at the top of the list then this add-on can automatically play the relevant stream by searching all individual links.
However, if you find that the add-on has kicked out then you need to start again a bit further down the shown list.
You also have to prepare yourself for those times when Exodus would show you a PAIR box.
If it comes up for you then simply click the button that says CANCEL at the bottom in order to move on and try out the next link.
So what is Pair box anyway?
Pair box is nothing but a website that wants the user to go to the official PAIR BOX websites and then click the button that says PAIR OX in order to successfully play the stream.
You have to keep in mind that once you go to the official PAIR box website, you will see the PAIR box button is surrounded by advertisements and spam.
Hence, our research shows that generally speaking, you should try your best to stay away from all such sites unless you have a lot of experience using Kodi.
One of the PAIR sites that you will regularly come across is the Olpair.
These tie themselves to the relevant IP address.
In that way, such PAIR sites enable any device to work when the user pairs it.
Now, this is the place where we would remind you that if you decide to go through this PAIR option and you want to do it with confidence then it is considered best practice to do so with a smartphone device or a tablet that is old.
Why do we say that?
We say that because while the pairing website is doing its work, the actual link would have nothing but spam and advertisements in its surroundings.
Moreover, once you see a stream starting, and if you also see it is buffering, then it is better to just stop the stream from ever playing and looking further down the shown list to click on a link that is good.
You need to keep on clicking unless and until you find the one that works for you.
It is here that you should know that there will be times when you will find the best link very quickly.
On the other hand, you should also prepare yourself for those times when you will find it extremely hard to find the right link.
During those times, the best policy is to show a considerable amount of patience.
Latest posts by Zohair (see all)
- SpyOFF VPN Review: The only one you should really need to read - 13 February 2019 8:51 PM
- How to unblock Hopster outside the UK (How are people doing it?) - 13 February 2019 7:15 AM
- This is why jailbreaking your device is a bad idea - 11 February 2019 3:55 PM