Android security has become the talk of the town, due to the increased frequency of hacking attempts and vulnerabilities that such devices confront with. It goes without even saying that Androids are prone to being hacked, given their mobility and their expanded use in today’s life.
Nowadays, more and more people choose to buy Android operating devices, in order to keep in touch with others and at the same time keep track of their work, book reservations for restaurants or hotels and even share confidential data. Since a lot is at stake in the field of online security when it comes to Android devices, it is imperative that every person understands all the methods that can be used for his protection. So, let us unfold the mystery of how to keep hackers away from your device and enhance your security on the go!
It is crucial to keep in mind the fact that the world is not always a safe place for you to be in. There are several steps that you should follow, in order to optimize your online security when using your Android. In your case, you should be proactive and think ahead for preventing negative consequences of your negligence or poor judgment on the subject.
- Always Use a Password: Even if you think that your Android does not have anything worthy of being shared and therefore hacked, you will be surprised to see how important it can be for others to snoop on your personal life. What is more, since you can interact with others via your Android, protecting your information automatically includes their details as well. Not to mention that within your Android, there can be precious data regarding financial accounts or emails that ought not to be shared.
- No Sharing of Passwords: Although it might be tempting for you to share your password with your best friend or your loving girlfriend, you had better avoid that. Do not indulge in such a convenience! In case of an emergency, do not wait long till you change your password and of course do not share passwords at work or at school. To be safe, you should not even write your passwords down in a notepd or sheet within your machine. Instead, consider making use of the secure online password managers.
- Backups: Another important tip to secure your Android against hackers is to benefit from regular backups. If something is important and you cannot do without it, you should store it somewhere safe and then delete it from your Android device. In this way, you do not risk too much and you have got one less thing to worry about.
- Always Think Pessimistically: Do not try to regard the impact of potential hacking and data interception as minimal or unimportant. Always assume the worst, so that you can be thoroughly prepared for confronting with that. Instead of being negligent and looking the other way, try to focus on the vulnerabilities of security that your Android device has and work on them. It is in your hands to strengthen the security level to the maximum!
Use Strong Passwords
We have already highlighted the value of keeping passwords private, but it is true that many people do not even bother adding a password to their voicemail or the access to their Android. Still, this can be what sets you apart from the rest of the hacked Android devices at the end of the day, so it is definitely worth taking the trouble and learning more about how to enhance the security of your passwords overall:
- Password Protect Your Voicemail: If this has been set by default on your Android, be sure to change it with something less obvious and far trickier to guess.
- Do Not Use Easy Passwords: Even though it is cute to use your pet’s name as a password, this can be easily guessed by somebody who knows you or who accesses your social media accounts. So, choose something that is less evident for better results!
- Do Not Use the Same Password: If you have got more than one Android or other mobile device, it is not that prudent to secure all of them using the same password. Apparently, you should be picky and select random passwords that are hard to figure out for every single device.
- The More Complex, the Better: It is wise to choose a password consisting of upper and lower case letters, as well as symbols and numbers. These might be difficult to remember, but they are true riddles to hackers as well!
- Regularly Update Your Password: Think ahead and make a plan with the regular updates of your password. Once you change the password, you can store it somewhere safe and not in your Android device.
Other Security Options
Besides maintaining a strong and solid password that is frequently updated and is not easy to figure out and apart from the precautions that are related to your own device’s protection generally, there are several other options that improve your overall security level substantially.
- Bluetooth Undiscovered: If your Android device has got Bluetooth enabled, you should not forget to turn it to undiscoverable mode. So, even if others scan for Bluetooth within your reach, you will not appear within their results.
- Updated Anti-Virus Software: You should consider your Android as any other computer of yours. Since you would never even think of using your PC without the proper antivirus software protection, the same goes with the mobile anti-virus software that you need to use. Feel free to download and activate up to date anti-virus with thorough protection for your Android.
- Beware of Apps: Do not get carried away by the craze of apps downloading and just stick to the ones that are well known and that have been scanned for viruses and other malware.
- Remote Access In Case of Theft: Fortunately enough, there are apps that allow you to remotely access and lock your Android. So, even if something unfortunate comes up, you can rest assured that your phone will remain locked and thus nobody will be able to intercept crucial data from your accounts.
If you are serious about preventing hacking attempts on your valuable Android, you should get started with these simple and yet highly effective methods displayed above! They will help you optimize the level of security that your Android device boasts about and they will shield every single piece of information you value a great deal!
Latest posts by Stella Strouvali (see all)
- Use a Gaming VPN for Maximum Gaming Pleasure - 31 May 2016 4:48 PM
- The best browser extensions for top-notch privacy online - 30 May 2016 10:12 AM
- How to Save Money on Airline Flights Tickets with a VPN - 28 May 2016 9:49 AM