Overplay is closing its services down very soon. So it is best for users to find another VPN service provider. Click here to have a look at the top VPN service providers in the market right now.
The VPN is a software solution that acts as a filter between your computer/phone/tablet and the Internet. Besides helping you out to remain anonymous and hide your online activities from prying eyes, the VPN is also a fantastic way to secure your internet connection.
A premium VPN provider is not just useful in isolated situations; it is also recommended by web security specialists everywhere. Even more, this type of solution is not recommended just for companies and people who work from home, but also for the regular user who uses the internet for browsing online. It’s a great way to keep your online purchases safe and to make sure no one is snooping on you and takes an interest in the sites you follow.
However, selecting a premium and reliable VPN provider can be a tricky thing. The market is filled with a wide range of solutions, and not all of them have the same standards of quality. This is why we decided to test and review one of the best solutions on the market. Our review will discuss features, pros and cons and technical aspects that put Overplay VPN on top of the list.Goto Overplay
Overplay VPN offers a wide range of great features, this being one of the reasons why it is so appreciated by users. Even if many of these features are supported by most solutions out there, it matters how they have implemented and the quality of services that comes with them. So, let’s start with a short analysis of the available features of the Overplay VPN:
- No ISP throttling – certain ISPs that have the tendency to limit the band after a certain limit has been reached. With Overplay VPN, the ISP won’t be able to block or limit your band in any way;
- Easy access and setup – the interface is simple, and the user doesn’t have to do any settings before accessing the server he/she chooses. The installation only takes a couple of minutes, and then, you can navigate securely;
- Protect your identity – Overplay VPN is focused on offering anonymity to their users.
- Online security – this VPN solution uses a powerful encryption system which guarantees users’ security in front of hackers and other attacks meant to steal personal data;
- Good Speed – when you connect to a VPN server, the speed will drop regardless of the solution you’re using. However, with Overplay VPN, the drop is not significant and you won’t have any troubles using online streaming services or uploading/downloading files;
- Unlimited Bandwidth or server switches – you can connect to any server you want, at any time, nothing will hinder your experience.
They recently updated to a new interface that is clean and very easy to understand. Everything you need is there, and all you have to do is select the server you want to connect with and then click Connect. It’s as easy as that!
According to the list presented on their site, Overplay VPN has over 400 servers all over the world! This is an impressive number and offers users the possibility to connect with almost any location they want.
This is one of the reasons why, if you are currently traveling, Overplay VPN is a fantastic solution. You will have reliable and fast connections to any possible location, and you won’t be at the mercy of local regulations and censorship.
As you can see, they cover several continents like Europe, North America, South America, Asia, and Oceania.
A good VPN solution must offer maximum compatibility to satisfy all the possible customers. That’s why Overplay VPN was designed to work on various devices, and it is supported by desktop systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX, mobile systems like iOS and Android, but it also works directly on routers that support DD-WRT or Tomato software and on various other devices like game consoles and TV boxes.
Installation and Setup
OverPlay offers two possibilities to cover all your needs:
- Smart DNS
- Smart DNS + VPN
The Smart DNS solution doesn’t require any software installation, just a quick setting change in your current network. Even more, it is faster and will offer unrestricted access to sites all over the world. The downside of this solution is the security level – because it doesn’t offer additional encryption, your connection is open and can be easily identified.
The Smart DNS + VPN package offers the same unrestricted access but will also provide encryption. This means anonymity and data security. However, this solution will require you to install a client in order to work. The installation is very simple, and it only takes a few minutes. First, you will have to download the client for your operating system from their site, and then, once the download is complete, run the installer. Everything is pretty straightforward with both desktop and mobile installations, but the router installation may be a bit more complicated.
You can find detailed information about this in the Support area on the site. Here, you have access to a complete information database that will help you with most of the possible questions.
Overplay VPN is focused on offering a full experience, and this is why all their servers are encrypted with 128-bit CBC-Blowfish (for OpenVPN connections).
The protocols supported by this solution are PPTP, L2TP, and OpenVPN. The main difference between these is the level of encryption and, implicitly, the level of security. PPTP is faster, but less secure, LT2P is more secure but slower while OpenVPN offers powerful encryption without affecting the performance.
They also allow access to P2P networks, but they won’t tolerate any illegal downloads or uploads. This could actually be a reason to terminating your account.
Prices and Plans
Each of the available solutions offers the possibility to purchase for 1 or 12 months in advance. Also, Overplay VPN doesn’t offer any Money back guarantees or a trial period. So, to test it, you will have to purchase one month of service.
This policy allows them to focus on their existing customers and make sure nothing will hinder their activity.
Help & Support
The first form of support offered by this solution is the extensive knowledge database. They have detailed information about billing, installation on various devices, FAQ, and more. If you can’t find an answer here, they also offer their Facebook details and, the possibility to describe your issue using the contact form.
They are not very open to direct communication, and the email reply may take several days. However, they do their best to update the knowledge database and there is also a blog where you could get more information.
For now, the only accepted payment methods of Overplay VPN are PayPal and credit card. This is not impressive, considering that many other solutions also included payment methods that allow complete anonymity (Bitcoin for instance). However, the checkout process is simple, and you can cancel your renewal at any time.
Besides having an amazing network spread and pretty good speeds, Overplay VPN gets remarked for its versatility. The fact that you can install the client on such a wide range of devices makes it very attractive for people who travel a lot or people who want to access online streaming services from a different country.
The level of security is also powerful, but you must keep in mind that the headquarters is situated in the UK. This doesn’t allow for a complete level of anonymity, even if they state they don’t keep traffic logs. The law requires them to log certain data, and they will not notify any user that is being audited by governmental institutions.
- Good speed and reliable connections – all their servers are designed to offer the best possible speed and interruptions are rare.
- No limits on the band usage or speed
- Access to P2P networks
- A simple and easy to use interface that allows even the non-technical individuals to use it
- A wide network that is maintained at the highest levels of operation
- Several levels of encryption
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- A UK based company
- The price is affordable, but the fact that they only offer two possibilities (1 month or 12 months) may be a bit too much
- No money back guarantee or trial period
Overplay VPN is one of the best VPN providers at the time, due to their amazing network and versatility. The team is dedicated to reaching new levels of quality, and they always try to provide the simplest solution when it comes to online security.
The customer service may not be as well-developed as we’d like, but the solution compensates with the level of knowledge offered through their database.
In conclusion, Overplay VPN is a solution worthy of your attention.
- Great speed.
- Good number of servers.
- No logs.
- SmartDNS Included
- Price is a little high.
- Based in UK
Be the first to leave a rating.
Latest posts by Richard (see all)
- Singapore Defense Ministry to Open Its System to Hackers for Improvement - 23 January 2018 2:38 PM
- Industrial Safety Systems Hit by ‘Triton’ Malware - 1 January 2018 10:15 PM
- U.S. Signs into Law Government Ban on Kaspersky Lab Software - 26 December 2017 10:07 PM