TunnelBear VPN is one of the best and easiest-to-use VPNs that secures and anonymizes customers’ online activities using standard encryption methods. When customers connect to TunnelBear VPN, the VPN changes the user’s location and allows secure and anonymous browsing from any location chosen by the user.
TunnelBear VPN provides exceptional security features at a reasonable cost. Tunnelbear costs an average of $3.33 per month. There is also a free version for testing purposes with limited functionality. Aside from that, there are two premium plans: Unlimited ($3.33 per month) and Teams ($5.75 per month). TunnelBear VPN is, however, currently running a 67% discount deal on its Unlimited package, allowing users to purchase a three-year subscription for $120 instead of the regular price of $359.64. There is also a 50% discount for the yearly offer at $59.88 instead of $119.88.
TunnelBear is a safe and private VPN that uses a range of encryption techniques that are both secure and trustworthy. OpenVPN and IPSec/IKEv2 are two very secure protocols this VPN uses. TunnelBear employs OpenVPN on macOS and Android and IPSec/IKEv2 protocols on iOS, depending on the device or OS. TunnelBear protects users from connection problems and prevents ISPs from monitoring user traffic, unlike how internet service providers slow and block torrent connections.
TunnelBear is a VPN with an easy-to-use interface and an aesthetically pleasing design, including, most notably, the dancing bear. TunnelBear provides the most significant browsing experience by masking users’ real IP addresses, allowing people to circumvent internet censorship and change their device location. TunnelBear VPN is a popular VPN service with a great deal of flexibility. TunnelBear also provides browser extensions for popular browsers.
Table of Contents
What is the cost of TunnelBear VPN?
TunnelBear VPN costs $3.30 per month on average. This VPN also provides a free trial to users with limited usage. The number of users, duration, and purpose of use are all price factors that users must consider. TunnelBear has two annual pricing options as a subcategory of their unlimited plans. The cost of a yearly plan is currently $59.88, reduced from $119.88, due to a current discount. The three-year plan is also currently discounted by 67% from $359.64 to $120. This plan is charged as a one-off payment but equates to $3.30each month. TunnelBear’s Teams plan, likewise, features an annual price option as well as a 7-day free trial.
How much does TunnelBear cost per month? TunnelBear VPN is available for $9.99 a month. There is also a free version available but it only allows users 500MB of secure browsing bandwidth. This does allow users to try out the VPN before committing to a paid subscription though. TunnelBear may issue a refund on a case-by-case premise. If a user is dissatisfied with the product for whatever reason, the user can request a refund from TunnelBear’s friendly Support Bears.
What are the deals of TunnelBear VPN Service?
The deals of TunnelBear VPN service are listed below.
- Free plan: TunnelBear VPN free version involves limited browsing data of 500Mb. This plan is completely free.
- Unlimited plan: This package involves unlimited secure browsing, TunnelBear apps, 5 connected devices, 256-bit AES encryption, and priority customer service. Unlimited plans are $9.99 billed monthly, $59.88 yearly, and $120 for three years.
- Teams plan: This package is designed for businesses starting with 2 users. This package involves Unlimited secure browsing, 5 connected devices per user, a dedicated account manager, centralized team billing and management, proactive security alerts, and complete device connection encryption. The monthly cost per user starts at $5.75.The price for two users is $138 per year, while users need to contact the VPN provider to know the price for 200+ users. This package comes with a 7-day free trial.
How much does TunnelBear VPN cost after 2 years?
After 24 months, TunnelBear VPN offers a significant discount to users. This makes it one of the most inexpensive VPNs available on a long-term basis. The total cost of a two-year subscription is $99.99, or $4.17 per month for the two years. When the membership ends after 24 months, users will need to purchase a new plan.
Can You Use Discount Coupons for TunnelBear VPN?
Yes, TunnelBear VPN users can take advantage of discount vouchers. The discount amount varies depending on the platform and the type of offer. Users may acquire a 2-year service for $4.17 per month billed as a one-off payment of $99.99 with the TunnelBear coupon code. There are discounts such as 57% off, 67% off, 58% off, 70% off, etc.
Coupons are available on TunnelBear VPN’s official website, affiliate websites, and social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
What are the advantages of TunnelBear VPN?
The advantages of TunnelBear VPN are listed below.
- Multiple device support: TunnelBear VPN is compatible with various operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS. With a single subscription, users can obtain up to five simultaneous connections. Users can also add the browser extension to Google Chrome, Opera browser, or use the VPN independently.
- Kill Switch: VigilantBear is a basic leak protection solution offered by TunnelBear. This feature, which users can activate directly within the VPN application, acts as a kill switch to prevent traffic when there is no active VPN connection. TunnelBear Kill Switch (VigilantBear) is an emergency security feature that prevents users from transferring unencrypted data or browsing unencrypted during interruptions.
- User interface: TunnelBear VPN has one of the best and most professional-looking interfaces. Furthermore, a pleasing user interface enhances the whole user experience. TunnelBear VPN offers animated bears that appear in surprising places to provide an entertaining experience for users. The UI is simple for beginners due to playful and graphical words.
- Supports Tor: TunnelBear is Tor compatible. The Onion Router adds a layer of protection and access to users’ online security. Users will have a more advanced online experience with TunnelBear’s support for TOR.
- Strong encryption: TunnelBear encrypts data with AES-256 and authenticates data with SHA256. Because it is quick, secure, and requires little computational power, AES 256-bit is widely used in encryption. This encryption method is widely utilized by military and government institutions, and it is unquestionably safe for public security usage.
- VPN protocols: The security of a VPN is determined by the protocol adopted. TunnelBear supports the protocols OpenVPN, IPSec, and IKEv2. On Windows, TunnelBear employs OpenVPN/IKEv2, MacOS, and Android, uses OpenVPN, and on iOS, uses IPSec/IKEv2.
What are the disadvantages of TunnelBear VPN?
The disadvantages of using TunnelBear VPN are listed below.
- Slow speed: Users can lose 40-50% of browsing speed, as is the case with most VPNs. Users may also notice decreases in download speed. The main reason for the poor-rate is that when users’ data passes via secure and encrypted servers to browse and deliver to users, a small amount of momentum is lost in the process.
- Can not be installed on a router: Because the VPN connection does not permit manual configuration, TunnelBear does not presently provide router support. The connection must be established with the TunnelBear app or browser extension on one of the supported platforms/devices.
- Limited streaming platforms: Netflix, Hulu, and other major streaming platforms are not unblocked by TunnelBear. Although, when using TunnelBear VPN to stream Netflix, the VPN can become sluggish.
How is the speed of TunnelBear VPN?
Although certain elements affect the quality of a VPN’s performance, TunnelBear’s speed is good. The average speed for TunnelBear is roughly 51Mbps and the maximum speed can be as high as 380Mbps. The speed of TunnelBear VPN is determined by various factors, including the user’s location, ISP, other third-party applications, proximity to a specified server, encryption strength, and VPN protocol. However, compared to some of the high-speed VPNs such as NordVPN and Expressvpn, TunnelBear VPN is slower.
How is the security of TunnelBear VPN?
TunnelBear VPN provides a feature in the app and a browser extension that prevents users’ actual IP addresses from being revealed. All WebRTC data is automatically ‘tunneled’ when TunnelBear is activated. This means that WebRTC does not need to be disabled to prevent leaks.
TunnelBear VPN is one of the safest VPNs available, employing advanced protocols. Before TunnelBear could implement these protocols and encryptions, there was significant research and real-world performance testing. However, the security-based protocols TunnelBear uses are OpenVPN, IPSec, and IKEv2.
This is important:TunnelBear uses data encryption, data authentication, and handshake encryption in addition to the protocols as an additional security layer. Data authentication protects users from attacks like a Man in the Middle attack. Also, with the help of handshake encryption, users are prevented from unintentionally connecting to an attacker impersonating a TunnelBear server.
What encryption technologies does TunnelBear VPN use?
By configuration, TunnelBear uses AES 256-bit encryption. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) like TunnelBear is mainly composed of protocols and numerous forms of encryption for maximum security. Other encryptions and protocols used by TunnelBear are given below.
- Protocols like OpenVPN, IPSec, and IKEv2.
- SHA 256
The protocol used by a VPN determines the level of protection the VPN provides. TunnelBear VPN encryption secures online interactions between people and servers. However, encryption is required to protect sensitive information from snoopers.
Is there any leak that is detected for TunnelBear VPN?
TunnelBear VPN has no known leaks. As soon as the VPN tunnel is set up, all traffic from the user’s computer, including DNS, is transmitted through it. To enable DNS leak protection, users do not need to make additional changes. DNS leak protection is automatic, so users’ devices are secure when TunnelBear is turned on. DNS leak protection is critical in VPNs because it is one of the most important characteristics determining a VPN’s security and privacy.
Does TunnelBear VPN have a Kill Switch?
VigilantBear is a basic leak protection solution offered by TunnelBear. This feature, which users can access directly within the VPN application, acts as a kill switch to prevent traffic when there is no active VPN connection. The purpose of a kill switch is to protect users’ data in an emergency.
Is TunnelBear a Good VPN?
TunnelBear VPN is a reliable VPN service. AES-256 bit encryption, DNS leak prevention, kill switch, no-log activity, and the ability to disguise the user’s actual location are all included in the VPN’s security and privacy features. Users can also browse websites relatively quickly due to the presence of servers in 40+ locations.
What are the Privacy Policies of TunnelBear VPN?
This is important:TunnelBear collects some information about users, but not the IP addresses, DNS queries, or other details about the websites that have been browsed. TunnelBear also gathers and keeps “Operational Data,” which is needed to run the service.
Does TunnelBear VPN provide DNS Privacy?
DNS privacy refers to the encryption of DNS traffic and the limitation of data shared with DNS-authorized servers. DNS privacy provides an extra layer of security between users and the internet by filtering out unwanted traffic and banning dangerous websites.
TunnelBear VPN provides DNS privacy by forwarding DNS requests to the VPN’s DNS servers. With TunnelBear DNS leak protection, ISPs will not track users’ online activities. TunnelBear DNS leak protection is remarkably successful because there has never been a record of DNS leaking.
What operating systems are compatible with TunnelBear VPN?
The following operating systems are compatible with TunnelBear VPN.
- Android 5+
- iOS 12+
- Browsers (Chrome 22+ and Firefox 58+)
To maximize the popularity of a VPN, the VPN must be compatible with a variety of operating systems. Furthermore, in today’s connected society, people use various devices for a variety of purposes. As a result, VPN providers must make the software compatible with multiple user interfaces. TunnelBear VPN’s compatibility with all devices ensures that customers’ actual IP addresses and sensitive data are not exposed online. This means that any compatible devices will access protection and privacy to a TunnelBear VPN user.
How many simultaneous connections can be created with TunnelBear VPN?
A TunnelBear account can have five simultaneous connections to the TunnelBear network. This implies that users can use TunnelBear on up to five different devices simultaneously. Computers, mobile devices, and browser extensions can all be used to connect.
A decent VPN will keep users anonymous and safe while also providing various other benefits across all of the devices. In the current age of technology, where people have multiple devices and duplicate private data on those devices, using a VPN with simultaneous connections is critical.
Users frequently use the same password across all devices and visit the same websites. In contrast, this interconnectedness is beneficial to end-users because of the opportunity to utilize whichever device is most convenient at any given time. The interconnectivity implies that if a harmful piece of software or a hacker compromises one of the users’ devices, all of the users’ devices are compromised. As a result, a VPN with simultaneous connections is essential.
What are the TunnelBear VPN Locations?
TunnelBear VPN covers 49 countries, allowing users to access the internet from anywhere in the world. TunnelBear VPN is available in North America, Europe, Oceania, Asia, and South America, among other regions. Although TunnelBear VPN does not support a more comprehensive selection of countries, the VPN does cover all of the critical areas that most users prefer to connect to.
Does TunnelBear VPN have a georestriction?
TunnelBear VPN has a geo-restriction feature that allows users to access content that has been restricted. Users can use the VPN to access prohibited websites on a network or see local news from other areas of the world. TunnelBear has, however, stated that the VPN is unable to guarantee access to every website or program that consumers want to use. As an alternative, the VPN provides simple troubleshooting to customers who want to access geo-restricted websites. TunnelBear VPN may struggle to stream geo-restricted content on sites like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, or Disney+ as a result.
Does TunnelBear VPN have a free trial?
TunnelBear VPN offers a free trial to allow users to test the VPN before committing to a subscription. New customers can still enjoy the premium features, aside from the 500MB of safe browsing with the free version. The features are vigilant mode, no logging, lightning-fast speeds, secure wifi protection, support, strong encryption, Ghostbear, multiple devices, and a global network.
Does TunnelBear VPN have a browser addon?
TunnelBear VPN offers a browser extension. Cure 53, a well-known security company, thoroughly examined the VPN’s servers, apps, and infrastructure. Cure53 discovered vulnerabilities in the VPN’s browser in 2016, prompting the VPN engineering team to tighten up the browser’s security. However, a 2017 audit by the same Cure53 concluded that the results of the second audit clearly show that TunnelBear deserves recognition for adopting a higher level of security for both servers and infrastructure, as well as clients and browser extensions for various platforms.
Pro Tip:TunnelBear VPN is compatible with Chrome and Firefox browsers.
How to Download TunnelBear VPN Chrome Extension
TunnelBear VPN is often used in conjunction with chrome and the process to download it as a chrome extension is relatively simple. Tunnelbear is also considered one of the top VPNs for Chrome that offers users the best VPN browser experience. To download the TunnelBear VPN Chrome extension, follow the steps below.
- Visit the TunnelBear VPN website to download the Chrome extension.
- Click the browser option from the list of compatible OSs at the top of the VPN’s website.
- On the browser interface, click on the “Chrome” button towards the bottom of the page.
- On the Chrome web store, click on “Add to Chrome”.
- Click on “Add Extension” to allow TunnelBear to add the extension.
- Once the extension has been successfully installed, a notification will display verifying that “TunnelBear VPN has been added to Chrome.”
How to Download TunnelBear VPN on Firefox
Aside from the Chrome extension, TunnelBear is also regarded as one of the top VPNs for Firefox. Follow the guidelines below to download the TunnelBear VPN on Firefox.
- To get the Firefox addon, go to the TunnelBear VPN website.
- Select the browser option from the list of supported OSs at the top of the VPN’s website.
- On the browser interface, click the “Firefox” button towards the bottom of the page.
- Click “Add to Firefox” in the top right corner of the Firefox web store.
- To allow TunnelBear to add the extension, click “Add Extension.”
- Once the extension has been successfully installed, a prompt will display stating that “TunnelBear VPN has been added to Firefox.” If necessary, check the box next to “Allow this extension to execute in Private Windows,” then click the blue “Okay, Got It” button.
What are the alternative browser VPNs to TunnelBear VPN?
Alternative browser VPNs to TunnelBear VPN are ProtonVPN, Surfshark, ExpressVPN, Psiphon, OpenVPN, NordVPN, Windscribe, Norton Secure VPN, and Hotspot Shield. Some of these VPNs outperform TunnelBear VPN in terms of speed and other notable features. NordVPN, Surfshark, and Expressvpn, for example, have more servers than TunnelBear VPN. ExpressVPN can also connect to streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
How to download the TunnelBear VPN to your computer?
Users can download TunnelBear VPN to different PCs by following the instructions below.
- Visit the TunnelBear VPN website to download on any PC.
- Click on “Apps” to get a list of TunnelBear VPN’s compatible devices.
- Select “Windows” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click “Get TunnelBear”.
- Fill in the essential information and select the TunnelBear package to continue the download.
- Click “Buy now.”
- The download will commence for the PC.
- To complete the VPN installation, double-click the exe file.
- Then choose a location for the installation to be saved.
- Once the installation is complete, start the VPN and fill in the initial information required to download the VPN.
What are the Risks of Downloading TunnelBear from Torrent?
TunnelBear VPN does not support torrenting. As a result, the VPN provider has made no legal comment in this regard. However, given the lack of a torrenting feature on the VPN’s website, it’s safe to presume that torrenting is not supported. TunnelBear prohibits torrenting for a variety of reasons. To begin with, the VPN server location: Canada has a history of being unfriendly to P2P downloads. In 2015, the government enacted rules aimed squarely at unauthorized downloads. As a VPN service operating in Canada, TunnelBear must comply with the law or change location. Furthermore, the VPN is not suited for torrent downloads and cannot promote torrents.
How to login to the TunnelBear VPN?
An existing user can log in to the TunnelBear VPN by following the instructions below.
- Start the TunnelBear VPN.
- Select “Use an existing account”.
- Enter the account email and password that was used at signup.
What is the TunnelBear VPN Company Information?
Company information summarises a company’s most essential features, such as its history, management team, location, goal statement, and legal structure. A company’s information allows various groups of people to gain a rough picture of the company’s mission. Every firm contains historical data that helps users understand the organization’s objective. TunnelBear VPN was also founded by Daniel Kaldor and Ryan Dochuk and has been acquired by the security company McAfee since 2018.
The VPN is based in 310 Spadina Ave, Suite 200 Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2E7. In the event of a question or a complaint, the VPN does not provide a phone number for customer service. However, Users can contact support by logging in with email addresses and passwords. TunnelBear VPN has been operating since 2011 and continues to provide users with the most significant VPN protection.
Who is the owner of TunnelBear VPN?
McAfee has acquired TunnelBear VPN since March 2018. According to history, Daniel Kaldor and Ryan Dochuk founded the VPN in 2011. On the other hand, McAfee planned to include TunnelBear’s technologies into the company’s VPN solution, Safe Connect, in 2018. Nonetheless, the TunnelBear team continues to improve TunnelBear products.
Where is the TunnelBear VPN Headquarter?
TunnelBear VPN’s headquarters are in Toronto, Canada.
How many employees does TunnelBear VPN have?
TunnelBear VPN has 27 employees on LinkedIn.
What are the social media accounts of TunnelBear VPN?
The social media accounts and usernames of TunnelBear VPN are listed below.
- Facebook: Tunnelbear
- Instagram: TunnelBear
- Twitter: theTunnelBear
- Telegram: tunnelbearofficial
Is TunnelBear VPN trustworthy?
TunnelBear is a trustworthy VPN. The VPN assures users that the VPN is a no-logs VPN service and adheres to this policy. The VPN also passed Cure53’s security audits. Tunnelbear protects users’ data using industry-standard AES-256 bit encryption. The VPN service’s DNS leak prevention is so effective that no leaks have ever been recorded. Users do not need to worry about being hacked because Tunnelbear assigns each user a unique IP address, minimizing the chances of being hacked.
What is the logo of TunnelBear VPN?
TunnelBear VPN’s logo depicts a bear inside a bucket. Depending on what the user is doing on the app, the bear’s motions and movement might represent various things. For instance, when the map is green, and the bear is sitting happily in the tunnel chosen, users will know the TunnelBear is connected and functional.
What are the alternatives of the TunnelBear VPN?
Based on the CyberGhost review, the alternatives to TunnelBear VPN are listed below.
- Hotspot Shield
- Privacy Internet Access
- Comodo Easy
- Pure VPN
- Avira Phantom VPN
Which is best: TunnelBear VPN or CyberGhost?
CyberGhost VPN has a better UI and performance than TunnelBear VPN. TunnelBear is a good choice for basic VPN protection and new users. However, with an average download speed of 546Mbps, CyberGhost VPN is the fastest option. TunnelBear VPN vs CyberGhost has become more competitive on the price level, with CyberGhost’s yearly plan ($47.40) being less expensive than TunnelBear VPN ($59.88). TunnelBear VPNs ($9.99) monthly package ($9.99) is cheaper than CyberGhost’s, which costs $12.99.
Which is better: TunnelBear VPN or ExpressVPN?
With 3000 servers in 90 countries, excellent speeds, and great security features, ExpressVPN outperforms TunnelBear VPN. Tunnelbear is simple to set up and offers a user-friendly, extremely aesthetic UI with top-notch security. ExpressVPN continuously unblocks streaming sites such as US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu. TunnelBear VPN’s monthly plan is $9.99, whereas ExpressVPN costs $12.95 per month. TunnelBear VPN vs ExpressVPN provided TunnelBear with a stronger position at the price level.
Which is better: TunnelBear VPN or Surfshark?
Surfshark VPN outperforms TunnelBear in encryption, VPN protocols, and RAM-disk servers. Also, the VPN provides a free version with a robust security protocol to users. Unblocking Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, ESPN, and Amazon Prime Video is easy with Surfshark. However, TunnelBear VPN vs Surfshark is a dead heat when it comes to the monthly plan because both VPNs cost exactly the same when billed per month ($9.99).
Which is better: TunnelBear VPN or NordVPN?
In terms of the number of servers, performance, and security features, NordVPN outperforms TunnelBear VPN. TunnelBear VPN also has a pleasant user interface and robust security features. Because of its location, NordVPN is more secure. Finally, while comparing TunnelBear VPN vs NordVPN, users will find that TunnelBear has the most affordable pricing. NordVPN, for example, charges $11.95 per month, while TunnelBear VPN charges $9.99 per month.