In this guide, we will try to demonstrate and explain to users how to install the Sandman (a Kodi build) on Kodi.
From the get to, readers should know that they can install this Kodi build on machines running the following operating systems,
This build also works with Amazon FireStick.
As a general rule, any device that supports Kodi supports the Sandman Kodi builds.
Many of our readers would already know that Sandman has made quite a name for itself in the world of streaming applications such as Kodi.
Now, Sandman has updated itself to bring Kodi users all over the world a decent inventory of some really beneficial Kodi builds.
The majority of the available Sandman Kodi builds offer tremendous performances on various internet-enabled devices and are very light in terms of size.
Our research shows that Sandman Kodi builds perform well even on machines that have low to moderate specs. We have also come to believe that Sandman builds should form a core part of any given Kodi user’s catalog.
In this guide, we will go through each and every step that users have to complete in order to install Sandman on Kodi.
As mentioned just now, Sandman Kodi builds are pretty similar to each other on a variety of levels.
However, these builds also offer their own unique experiences with the help of varied performance on varied machines, add-on library, and distinct user interfaces.
Apart from that, we will also try to focus a bit on the very good Vengeance Kodi build in order to demonstrate some concepts.
Of course, as always, users are free to install any Kodi build that they like.
With that out of the way, let’s get started.
Why you need a VPN before doing anything on Kodi
Readers should know that even though Kodi can bring them an unlimited amount of streaming content online, it also comes with the downside of landing the user in legal trouble.
That is the reason why we recommend that all Kodi users must sign up for VPN service to protect themselves and hide their identity online.
This way they can enjoy all the content related to,
- TV Shows
by streaming them directly from Kodi without anyone ever knowing about it.
Apart from that, the other problem that Kodi users have to deal with is some add-ons don’t allow their content in specific regions.
They have geo-blocked their content.
And hence, to get around such problems, users have to make use of a VPN service.
Our research shows that IPVanish is the best VPN for Kodi but users are free to make up their own mind by reading our guide on the best VPN for Kodi.
Click here if you want to do that right now.
IPVanish offers great discounts to Security Gladiators readers and also provides each user a seven-day money back guarantee.
So users do not have to take any risks while signing up with IPVanish.
Click here to sign up for IPVanish from the official website at a discount right here and right now.
How to install Sandman on Kodi
As mentioned before as well, each and every process of installing a Kodi build requires a multiple number of steps.
In the case of Sandman Kodi builds, the entire installation process can be broken down into a total of five parts.
These five parts are as follows.
- First, enable the option that says Unknown Sources
- Then add the official Sandman URL source to the Kodi program
- Then install the related Sandman Media Repo
- After that install the related Sandman Media Wizard
- And when that’s done, install one of the available Sandman builds.
Now we are going to go through each of the above steps, in turn, to further ease out the entire process of installation.
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
This step will consist of many sub-steps.
So let’s get started.
- First, go to the Settings menu by clicking the appropriate icon that appears on the official home-screen of Kodi.
- After that, go to the System Settings option by clicking on it.
- Then perform a click on the item that says Add-ons.
This option usually appears on the left side of the screen with the menu.
- The next step is to stay on the exact same window while having selected the option of Add-ons and then switch ON or enable the option that says Unknown Sources.
- When that is done, the user should click the option YES as soon as Kodi prompts the user.
Congratulations, because now Kodi has enabled Unknown sources.
Step 2: Add the official Sandman URL source to Kodi
This is the part where the user will have to supply his/her Kodi streaming device with the exact path to the official source from where Kodi will install the new Sandman Media repo.
- So the first step here is to open up the Kodi Settings menu one more time by clicking the appropriate icon on the home-screen.
- Then the user should open up the option that says File Manager.
- When that is done, the user should go ahead and also open up the option that says Add source which can appear on either side of the upcoming Kodi Window.
- Once that is done, the user has to look at the new Window with care and then click on the box that says <None>
- After that, the user should type in the exact path or URL in the given field which appears at the top.
When done, the user should click the button OK.
The URL which the user has to use is
repo.entersandman.xyz(No longer available)
- The next step is to give a proper name to the new path/URL that the user just added.
Users are free to give their new URL any name they like though we do suggest to use an appropriate one such as Sandman
- After that, the user should click the button that says OK.
Congratulations again, because the user now has successfully managed to add the URL and/or source of the Sandman Kodi build.
Step 3: Install the relevant Sandman Media repo
This is the part in which the user has to install the exact repository from the recently added source.
- From the previous position the user must press the back key or the escape button, it is all the same, on the Kodi device in order to head back to the Kodi main menu or home screen.
- Then the user has to click the option that says Add-ons.
- After that, the user must open up the item that says Package Installer.
Then the user should move ahead to find the item located in the top left part of the current screen.
Users should remember that this icon comes in the shape of an open box.
- When that’s done, the user must choose the option that says Install from zip file.
- Then the user must be able to see the source name of the ‘source’ that he/she added to Kodi earlier.
When found, click the source option.
If the user has followed everything that we have mentioned so far, then the user should click the option that says Sandman because that is the name that we chose in the beginning.
- When the previous step is all done with, the user must now click and then open up the file name that says repository.sm-2.1.zip.
Readers should note here that if they get to this step and notice that their file has a different version then it doesn’t really matter, they should still go ahead and click the file.
- Now, is that time of year again when the user has to wait for Kodi to come up with an alert that tells the user that Kodi has installed the Sandman Media Repo Add-on.
The alert would come in the form of a notification in the top right corner of the screen and it should not take long.
Kodi has just installed the new Sandman Media Repo for the user to stream content from and enjoy.
Step 4: Install the official Sandman Media Wizard
Why is this step necessary?
Well, this is the part where the user has to install the actual addon that is named Sandman Media Wizard.
All of the Kodi builds that a given Kodi user could ever want come through this single add-on.
So here are the steps.
- Continuing forward from where we left off in the previous section, the user should stay on the same window and then click the option that says Install from repository.
- Then the user should click the option Sandman Media Repo.
- After that, the user should open up the option that says Program Add-ons.
- Then click on the option Sandman Media Wizard.
- And then hit Install.
- After that, wait again for Kodi to show the notification labeled Sandman Media Wizard add-on installed.
Our research shows that this notification usually takes anywhere from two to three minutes.
- With that out of the way, the user should also see another pop-up and then click the button that says Continue.
This is where the user may exercise the choice to select any type of settings that he/she could want.
But the user will have to do it before clicking the button Continue.
- Now, click the button that says Ignore.
That’s it for now.
In the subsequent portion of this guide, users will get to observe how to easily access any build menu from their official Kodi main menu and/or home screen.
Another thing that users should note here is that the above-mentioned Kodi pop-ups might reappear after they have closed them.
If that happens, all that the user has to do is to click the same given options again.
The user should now have Sandman Media Wizard installed on his/her Kodi streaming device.
Step 5: Install a specific Sandman Kodi build
Now we’re getting to the good stuff so hang tight.
In this section of the guide, the user will finally set up and install just one of the many Sandman Kodi builds.
Let’s get to it.
- First, go to the main menu screen of Kodi.
Some call it the Kodi home screen.
Then make way to the Add-ons menu.
- After that hit the option Program add-ons.
- And then click the option that says Sandman Media Wizard.
- After that, the user should click the option that says SANDMAN MEDIA BUILDS.
- Now, look under the Krypton Kodi builds.
From there the user should choose the build that he/she wishes to set up and install.
As mentioned at the beginning of this guide, we will select Vengeance here just to show the readers how to go about completing this step.
- Now click on the option that says Fresh Install.
Readers should note here that is the reason we have selected the option of Fresh Install is that, in this way, users would reset Kodi on their streaming device right down to its factory defaults.
Readers must understand that this is indeed the single best way to set up and install any given Kodi build.
- When Kodi prompts, the user should click the option Continue so that Kodi is allowed to enable the Wizard and reset the Kodi installation on the user’s device back to its default official state.
- After the previous step is finished the user simply wait it out for Kodi to download the build.
First, Kodi would download all the required fields and after that Kodi would install those files automatically.
Our research shows that currently, the approximate download size of the whole file is around 200 MB.
However, once the download is complete and the Kodi build starts to unpack, it could easily take around 256 MB of space.
- Now, after Kodi has given the indication that it has installed Sandman Kodi build, the user should click the option Force Close.
It is here that readers should understand that they do not need to click the option that says Reload Profile because that can, eventually, crash Kodi.
This is the end in the sense that the user has successfully installed the new build of Vengeance Sandman on his/her Kodi device.
Warning for Kodi users
Internet service providers and governments all over the world now try to monitor their citizens.
All online consumers are being watched at one point or another.
And companies are recording their online activities.
There is a chance that if some law enforcement agency catches the user streaming content that has copyrights on it, the user might land himself/herself in big legal trouble.
That is why all Kodi users should make use of a VPN service that can hide their online identity and also keep their online activities as anonymous as possible.
Click here to read about the best VPNs in the world right now.
As mentioned before as well, recommend users should go with IPVanish as their preferred VPN of choice because it is the best VPN Kodi
It is fast and secure.
It is also completely updated.
Click here to read our IPVanish review.
Sandman Kodi builds overview
At this point in the guide, the user should have installed the Vengeance Kodi build by following our guide using the Sandman library.
Now is the time to take a look at it.
A bit later in this guide, we will introduce users to the official Vendetta build as well.
Now, take a look at the home screen that comes with the Vengeance build.
The submenu and the menu are actually bars which are aligned straight with the top edge of the shown window.
Moreover, when the user chooses any media item from the menu, Vengeance shows the user the corresponding video options.
It displays all of these options at the bottom of the screen.
The user should also have no trouble is selecting Movies and also the list of all the featured movies.
These should be present at the bottom of the screen as well.
Our research shows that Vengeance is not only lightweight but also smooth.
However, if the user is running Vengeance for the very first time, then we recommend that the user should make sure that he/she has given Vengeance enough time to actually update all the Kodi add-ons.
As far as the Vengeance build’s Kodi add-ons library is concerned, it is not really great.
However, users are more than likely to find a decent number of add-ons which are able to stream all of their shows and movies.
Of course, users will run into trouble if they try to stream Live TV using this Kodi build.
But if they are lucky enough, then they might stumble upon a new Kodi addon which is able to stream Live TV channels with ease.
Users have to remember though that none of those add-ons can provide consistent Live TV content.
Now, let’s talk a bit more about the Vendetta Kodi build.
As far as Kodi add-ons are concerned, Vendetta Kodi build which comes from the Sandman inventory almost always looks better.
The overall Vendetta build fives off a dramatic vibe.
However, its line of Kodi add-ons is good.
It comes with Kodi add-ons such as,
- Maverick TV
- The Magic Dragon
The official Sandman Media Wizard offers users a rather decent line-up of different Kodi builds.
One of those builds is the Vengeance build.
But there are others as well such as,
- Red Dead Redemption
And lots more.
Our research shows that the build themselves are generally lightweight.
And hence are able to deliver satisfactory performance on most machines.
One concern is that of stability though.
Our research shows that both the above-mentioned builds (Vendetta and Vengeance) tend to crash from time to time.
Users who are looking for content such as on-demand shows and movies, Kodi builds can probably do the job well.
However, those who are looking for Live TV, they should probably save more time if they just install some other Kodi add-ons for that purpose separately.
From an overall perspective, Sandman Kodi builds offer more than enough for users to give them a try.
In this Sandman guide, readers have learned how to install Sandman Kodi build on Kodi.
The Sandman repository comes with a bunch of reasonable Kodi builds for the user’s entertainment needs.
We have already mentioned the fact that Vendetta and Vengeance are the Kodi builds that are the best as far as Sandman is concerned.
However, users should feel free to go ahead and try out other Kodi builds as well.
In fact, we would love to hear our readers’ feedback on all the builds that they would hopefully install.
Readers should take a little time out in order to use the comment section below and let us know what they think of all the Kodi builds from Sandman that we have mentioned in this guide.