ExpressVPN is one of the best and most popular virtual private network (VPN) services on the market today. ExpressVPN is the ideal VPN for beginners and experienced users alike, with over 3,000 servers available across 90 countries. The basic features of ExpressVPN are IP address protection, anonymous browsing, compatibility on every device and 24-hour live chat support, in addition to the typical benefits of using a VPN to unblock geo-restricted content and enjoy private browsing. ExpressVPN also consists of advanced features such as VPN split tunneling, TrustedServer technology, a network lock kill switch, private DNS, high-quality encryption, no activity or connection logs, a threat manager and the Lightway protocol for excellent speed. These features manage to protect and secure the user’s data from getting exposed to third parties such as internet service providers, government surveillance agencies and advertising firms.
Aside from the privacy features, ExpressVPN is considered the best-performing VPN for streaming and can unblock Netflix libraries globally—including BBC iPlayer outside the U.K., Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu and more sites. ExpressVPN works well with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android, so streaming on these devices guarantees users the best experience. On the other hand, ExpressVPN is expensive at $8.32 per month for a one-year plan, and users are limited to only five devices.
The methods to use ExpressVPN for FireStick are listed below.
- Locate the app on your FireStick. To open it, simply click it.
- Sign in to input your information.
- Click OK to set up the configuration on FireStick.
- Click OK once more when FireStick asks for a connection request.
- Click the red circle button to connect the VPN on your FireStick / Fire TV.
The steps covering how to use ExpressVPN for FireStick are further explained below.
1. Locate the App on Your FireStick; To Open It, Simply Click It
To locate the ExpressVPN app on FireStick, go to the home screen, find the search option and type “ExpressVPN.” Searching for the application is another easy way to locate the app. Once done searching, the app will pop up as the first suggestion on the search bar; users should then click on the app.
Users can also look for the logo to find the ExpressVPN app.
2. Sign in to Input Your Information
Every user who downloads ExpressVPN must sign in to input the information. Login information is one of the types of data that is protected and secured by ExpressVPN to prevent internet tracking, hacking and data breaches. This information must be kept and memorized by the owner to easily log in and out of the app since ExpressVPN can be used on up to five devices. In opening the ExpressVPN app, there are two ways to create an account: the “sign in” option and the “start free trial” option, which lasts for 30 days. For signing in, the user must enter the email and password for the account. To try a free trial, select the “start free trial” label and follow the instructions to finish creating an account.
3. Click OK to Set up the Configuration on FireStick
After signing in, the app will ask to configure the VPN. The user will need to click “OK” to proceed with the setup. Setting up a VPN ensures that all of the user’s information will be secured and protected, no matter how the device is connected to the internet. Also, setting up the VPN involves changing the IP address, which helps protect the user’s identity and location from being tracked by websites, applications and services.
Note:Some users may not see this pop up message.
4. Click OK Once More When FireStick Asks for a Connection Request
After allowing the app to configure the VPN, ExpressVPN will ask for a connection request, which the user must allow by clicking “OK” to successfully set up a VPN connection. A VPN connection creates a secure and safe channel between the user and the internet, directing all data traffic through an encrypted tunnel. The user’s IP address will be unrecognizable when connected to the internet, thus hiding the user’s private location from third parties such as hackers, ISPs, governments and advertisers.
By allowing an ExpressVPN connection, the user may give the app permission by choosing whether to send unknown crash reports back to ExpressVPN. Permitting ExpressVPN allows the app to provide users with a more complete VPN service and additional protection, such as WebRTC blocks. However, this does not mean that ExpressVPN is monitoring or collecting any data from users’ online activities or connections.
Note:Some users may not see this pop up message.
5. Click the Red Circle Button to Connect the VPN on Your FireStick / Fire TV
Once the setup process is done, ExpressVPN will bring users to the main screen. There, users will find a red circle button to switch the VPN on or off. To connect the Fire TV to the best VPN server, click the red circle or the power button.
After connecting the FireStick to the VPN, users are free to leave ExpressVPN as is or select the preferred location to change the server or country by clicking the “choose location” button. However, to avoid repeating this process, make sure the content is available in the selected country.
What is ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs used by internet users worldwide because the app is fast, secure, easy to use and capable of unblocking geo-restricted content on streaming platforms. ExpressVPN has a reliable VPN app for FireStick that also works well with other Fire TV devices.
To further answer the question, “What is ExpressVPN?,” let’s consider the VPN’s primary functions. Like other VPNs, ExpressVPN can change or mask the user’s IP address and encrypt all internet traffic to prevent the location from being tracked, thus keeping the user’s private information safe. The VPN also includes extra privacy features such as split tunneling, private DNS, a kill switch, AES-256 bit encryption and a unique VPN protocol called “Lightway.” The app works for Fire TV devices and all mainstream operating systems, including Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS and Android.
Understanding ExpressVPN’s functions also requires answering the underlying question: What is a VPN? A virtual private network is a secure tunnel between a network and a device across the internet. VPN services have become vital over the last decade with the rise of government-run surveillance systems and mass data collection industries. The main purpose of VPNs is to enhance the average person’s online security and privacy in the face of ever-increasing cyberattacks, data breaches and other threats. Several VPNs, including ExpressVPN, have risen to the top of the market for providing high-quality encryption and other tools to keep users’ data safe.
How to Install ExpressVPN for Firestick
The steps on how to install ExpressVPN for Firestick are given below.
- Turn on the Amazon Fire device or Amazon Appstore and go to the search bar.
- Look for ExpressVPN.
- Choose the official ExpressVPN application.
- Click Download.
- Run ExpressVPN by clicking “Open.”
Users should be wary of installing free VPNs, as the developers are incentivized to sell users’ data to supplement the income that would otherwise come from subscription fees. Some free VPNs also contain malicious software. Furthermore, users should check for the official developer profile or logo of ExpressVPN before installing the app. Always look out for fake and alternative ExpressVPN apps that mimic the app’s branding/design to trick unsuspecting users.
How do I Know if ExpressVPN is Working on Firestick?
The steps to determine if ExpressVPN is working on FireStick are listed below.
- Go to the “Downloader” app.
- Type “http://whatismyip.com” in the address bar.
- Click “Go.”
- Then, the FireStick device’s real and unprotected public IP address will show up. The user should take note of the real IP address.
- Press the “Home” button on the Firestick device’s remote to leave the Downloader app.
- Go to the ExpressVPN application.
- Select a server with a different country and connect the VPN.
- Press “Home” again to exit ExpressVPN.
- Reopen the Downloader app.
- Click “Go” again.
- Then, the page will reload, and an IP address from the region the user selected in ExpressVPN is the new IP address.
- Compare the new IP address to the Firestick’s real IP address. If the IP address is not the same, ExpressVPN is successfully set up or is working properly.
This is important:After setting up ExpressVPN, checking the proper connection of the VPN is essential to ensure the software is functioning to protect and secure the device. Users can also use ExpressVPN’s online IP address checker to check if the VPN works properly.
Running a DNS leak test is also vital in checking the connection of the VPN. If no leaks are found, a message will appear stating: “No DNS leaks detected. You are using ExpressVPN’s secure DNS servers.” The user must contact the ExpressVPN support team if the test finds a leak even though the VPN is successfully connected.
What is the Best VPN for FireStick?
VPN applications can be installed on FireStick to further enjoy excellent media streaming, application browsing and music playing. A VPN’s basic functions are to secure users’ internet activities, unblock specific websites, and protect users’ data and identities, which adds up to a safe browsing experience for FireStick users. For a product to be considered the best Fire Stick VPN in 2023, the VPN must be available online and easy to set up.
The best VPNs for FireStick are listed below.
- ExpressVPN (Best Overall): ExpressVPN is the top VPN for FireStick regardless of the subscription payment because of the lightning-fast connection in any location, exceptional security features and user-friendly applications. Thus, ExpressVPN provides features such as original applications for FireStick, military-grade security and a zero-logging policy to keep data private.
- CyberGhost (Best for Security): CyberGhost is one of the most secure VPNs containing 256-bit encryption and a scale of protocols such as OpenVPN, WireGuard and IKev2. Also, CyberGhost can be easily configured and used on FireStick, provides user-friendly apps for all significant platforms, good browsing servers, a 45-day money-back guarantee, fast speeds and no connection lags. With these features, CyberGhost becomes the second-best VPN for FireStick.
- Private Internet Access (Best for Features): Private Internet Access (PIA) is beloved by many users because the service offers split tunneling, a kill switch that prevents leaks by cutting the connection during outages/drops, military-grade encryption for private browsing and a no-logs policy to protect users’ data while connected to the VPN. Additionally, PIA has the largest server network of any VPN, with a record of approximately 29,650 servers operating in 84 countries.
What is the Cost of ExpressVPN for FireStick?
The cost of Express VPN for FireStick depends on which subscription plan the user chooses. ExpressVPN currently costs $8.32 per month for the 12-month subscription ($55.45 upfront) or $9.99 per month for the six-month plan. There’s also a one-month option for $12.95. The most popular is the yearly plan, which charges $55.45 upfront every 12 months. All plans provide a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|One-Month Plan||Six-Month Plan||One-Year Plan|
|$12.95||$9.99 per month||$8.32 per month|
Though ExpressVPN is more expensive than competitors, the VPN provides a high-quality service that performs well on streaming devices such as FireStick. Plus, the service offers advanced encryption capabilities, high-demand features such as split tunneling, a no-logging policy, a 30-day free trial and 24/7 customer service.
Note:Prices may differ from the ones shown as new plans and deals are launched on a regular basis. Please be sure to check the most current price on the official website.
Is ExpressVPN Good for FireStick?
Yes, ExpressVPN is known for speed, security and unblocking content, making ExpressVPN the top VPN for FireStick. Even though ExpressVPN is expensive, many people use this because of features that come with great advantages. For users with Fire TV or Google TV devices, the ExpressVPN application can be installed right on the smart TV while avoiding the custom router setup. In addition, streaming features such as MediaStreamer and smart DNS are easy to set up with a guarantee of a secure and private connection.