Instagram is a rapidly growing social networking platform, which has gained attention and popularity due to its innovative focus on photo and video sharing. Even if you are not fond of social networks yourself, it goes without even questioning that Instagram can benefit everyone in numerous ways.
Especially for schools and students, it can be a truly useful tool in their hands – apart from all the fun possible on this incredible photo and video sharing network. Let’s have a closer look at how school students can make use of the special features of Instagram on school wifi and other Internet connections, in a fruitful manner!
- First of all, Instagram can be used for capturing pictures in field trips and other excursions. Sharing such photos can be proven especially appealing, highlighting the fact that knowledge is something fun and entertaining, rather than boring and flat.
- Another way in which Instagram can benefit students is to show their work to their families and close friends. Rather than keeping everything at school and out of reach, Instagram makes it possible to offer a glance of your work to everyone you wish to.
- When they are in the middle of a presentation or an experiment, students can use Instagram and keep the memories alive. Instagram for school computers can be really helpful, in times of revision and exams. Particularly students who enjoy learning via audiovisual techniques, this will be a revelation.
- Students can get inspiration out of Instagram. Finding what you can read from books posted on friends’ timelines or reading about favorite quotes can be really inspiring. What is more, by following writers and philosophers etc. you can catch a glimpse on their own recommendations.
- Last but definitely not least, you can use Instagram at school for identifying your progress or starting a treasure hunt with clues that will keep students motivated. High-quality photos will push students towards engaging in such activities and getting interested in participating.
These are just few of the uses of Instagram on behalf of students and educational institutes. However, there are limitations in the access that students have online. It is true that many raise concerns as to whether or not the students should be free to use Instagram and other social networking platforms while at schools.
This is why there are so strict restrictions regarding such use. Most frequently, students are only allowed to access websites that are closely related to education or they are denied access to the web altogether. The very same problem is faced by students when they try to get online and access Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social networking portals as well as when they try to stream content online, on sites like Netflix while at school.
On the bright side, there are ways for you to unblock and access Instagram at school alongside all of the mentioned blocked sites. You can overcome school Internet restrictions and gain access to any website you like, no matter how strict and solid your school firewalls are. Of course, it is needless to state that unnecessary navigation to sites is not a good thing and thus you ought to be careful. Still, it is great to be able to unblock your favorite sites online even at school and this is why we present these methods to you.
How to unblock Instagram at School?
There are two major methods that will allow you to unblock and use Instagram at school. The basic principle behind them is the fact that none of the two methods keeps your personal digital information (for example, your IP address) intact. On the contrary, they aim at making you appear somewhere else – with a different digital footprint. Let’s find out more about them, shall we?
VPN: Long story shot. With the use of VPN, what you do is mask your ID and get a brand new IP address online. In this way, you will not appear to be located at your school. This is the key to success, when it comes to unblocking restricted content. So, basically, what you need to do is to subscribe to a VPN, choose a VPN server and connect to the web via this server.
As a result, you will be able to unblock the limited content at school – included Instagram! Apparently, the VPN involves encryption and this means that you will also be protected as you surf the net. If you notice a bit slower performance while connecting, this is due to the encryption, but that’s not going to be much and it is definitely worth it. One of the best VPN’s to use at schools is IPVanish.
SmartDNS: An alternative way for you to unblock and access Instagram while at school is the use of SmartDNS services. In this case, there is no encryption for you. Nevertheless, you get your DNS altered and this is what makes you free to access previously restricted content.
You can use the SmartDNS on any device, it is easy to setup and typically more affordable than the VPN. You also get faster speed and performance as a whole – without the protective layer that the VPN offers, of course! From our testing, the best SmartDNS which is also the cheapest is Overplay, Overplay SmartDNS also works with Netflix!
Which option works best for school Instagram?
Choose either of the two methods displayed above, according to your preferences and priorities. A student who is more concerned about speed should more likely choose the SmartDNS option.
A student who also values online privacy and security a great deal should go for nothing else but the VPN. As weighing the advantages and disadvantages of both options, going with VPN definitely is a better deal as modifying DNS isn’t safe at all and as a Security Gladiators we’d never go with such pick.
It is in your hands to make the most out of your time at school. Without extremes, you can bypass the boundaries set for accessing social networking platforms like Instagram at school easily and with the utmost efficiency.
Whether you use school computers or your iPhone, Android or any other device at school – you now know what you need to do for achieving what you wanted! Right?
Latest posts by Stella Strouvali (see all)
- Use a Gaming VPN for Maximum Gaming Pleasure - 31 May 2016 4:48 PM
- The best browser extensions for top-notch privacy online - 30 May 2016 10:12 AM
- How to Save Money on Airline Flights Tickets with a VPN - 28 May 2016 9:49 AM