After taking a total of 2 years, Kodi finally released its latest version of media player by the name of Kodi Leia.
If you want to, you can download Kodi Leia on your Android device from Google Play Store.
Kodi is the world’s greatest open-source media player that allows users to stream content such as,
- Live IPTV channels
- Live Sports
- TV Shows
If you have the time and the energy to really look under the hood with Kodi 18, you will find that it has a lot of bonus features and many relatively-unknown surprises.
That should make all Kodi users really excited about the latest version of Kodi.
Kodi has recently added its Gaming Kodi add-on section.
Using this section, Kodi users can actually stream many of the greatest retro games of old.
In this guide, we will discuss everything that you need to know in order to install Kodi media player on Android devices such as Android Phones and Android TV Boxes.
How to install Kodi on a standard Android device
You do it via Google Play Store.
Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you turn on your Android Phone and go to the Apps menu and then tap on Google Play Store.
- Then you need to search for the app named Kodi.
- Hit on Install
- Your Kodi device should now begin the installation process.
Do take note that the latest version of Kodi (currently Kodi 18 Leia) is slightly over 59 MB.
- Then click on the Open button.
- Your Kodi device will now show you a dialogue box.
Click on the button that says Continue
- Wait for a couple of seconds before Kodi loads.
- Take in the changes that have taken place in Kodi 18 Leia as far as the Android platform is concerned.
There is a lot of content on offer on Kodi but there are certain add-ons that you can install which can able you to watch stuff from traditional channels as well as streaming services.
We’re talking about content sources (both old and modern) such as,
- Fox Go
- HBO Now
- Nine Network
- 7 Network
- BBC iPlayer
Again, you will need the help of some Kodi add-ons in order to unlock the channels and Kodi add-ons that we have mentioned.
Click here to know more about the best Kodi add-ons currently available in the market and step right into the digital age of unlimited entertainment opportunities.
How to install the latest version of Kodi on my Android device using an APK file
Some people do not like to engage with Google Play Store.
There are many reasons why someone would not feel comfortable with downloading and installing stuff from Google Play Store and we are not here to judge them.
If you do not want to go to Google Play Store to download a given application, then the best way of getting your application on your phone is via an APK file.
Here we will talk about how to install Kodi on your device via an APK file.
- Open up your Android device and then run the official Android web browser on it.
From there you need to copy and paste the following URL:
- Scroll a little bit and then hit the option that says Android.
- After that, you need to click on the recommended tab.
From there scroll a little bit more to hit the option of either ARMV8A 64-bit and/or ARMV7A 32-bit.
- Now, once you have clicked on your preferred option you should see a box appearing on the screen.
It will talk about some file that you will have to download.
Needless to say, you need to hit the button that says Download.
- Once you do so, your Kodi device will begin the process of downloading the latest version of Kodi from the official website of Kodi.
- What you need to do is to open the downloaded file once your Kodi device has finished downloading it.
- Once you open the file, you will be asked to perform a click on the button that says Install.
- Keep in mind that your device may take a couple of minutes or more to install Kodi.
- If the installation wizard asks you to click the button that says Accept then do so as it will probably turn on the Google Play Protect feature.
- Once you are finished with the previous step you need to click the button that says Open.
- When that is done, you should see a new box that will appear on the screen and inform you that Kodi wants to access your Kodi device.
Click on Continue when you see this message.
- After that, Kodi will start to launch the main application
- And that is it. You should now have Kodi on your smartphone running Android.
How to easily install Kodi on your Android TV Box with the help of Google Play Store
This one is easy as well.
All you need to do here is to follow the below-given steps.
- Pretty much all modern and not so modern Android Boxes offer users the ability to connect with Google Play store.
The app for Google Play Store should be available via Android Box home screen
- So click on the app that says Google Play Store from your main menu display.
If you cannot find the icon for Google Play Store on your main screen then hit the apps button and go to the App section where you should find Google Play Store
- Once you do so, the app will ask you for a Gmail account.
If you do not have that already then you will need to create one and then give it to the app.
If you do then go ahead and input your password and username for your Google Account.
- Once you have logged in you need to type the text ‘Kodi’ on your Google Play Store search box.
It would automatically bring up the official Kodi app once you search for it.
When you see it, click on Install.
- After that, make your way to your main screen on Android Box.
From there you need to hit the option that says Apps and then choose Kodi.
And that is it.
You should now have Kodi on your Android TV box.
On that note, we should also mention that the internet is not a safe place for anyone to view stuff on Kodi.
To protect your privacy and online anonymity you need to make use of a VPN service.
Click here to learn more about the best VPNs for Kodi right here and right now.
Step by step guide on how to install Kodi add-ons on your Android device
Don’t worry if you have never done this before.
Adding and installing Kodi add-ons on a device running Android is very similar to how a Kodi user usually installs Kodi add-ons on a platform like Windows.
Let’s go over the whole process of installing third-party and official Kodi add-ons one more time.
How to add official Kodi Add-ons on Android
- First, run Kodi on your device running Android.
Then make your way to the Add-ons section.
After that, look at the top left corner of the screen and hit the icon in the shape of a box.
- Then select the option that says Install From Repository.
After that, click on the option that says Kodi Add-ons Repository from the shown list.
- When that is done, you need to choose options such as Program, Video and/or Music Kodi add-ons.
- Select the Kodi add-on that you like and then click on Install.
After that, just enjoy the content.
How to add third-party unofficial Kodi Add-ons.
- First, you need to run Kodi.
Then, you need to choose the option that says Settings.
After that, you should click on the option that says, File Manager.
- Once that is done you need to double click the option that says Add Source.
Then tap on the option that says None.
Then you need to copy/paste the repository URL for your Kodi add-on.
This is usually available on the official website of the Kodi add-on that you are trying to install.
When that is done, you need to click on the button that says OK.
After that, you should give your new Kodi repository a name.
And then click on the box that says OK.
- Now you need to make your way back to the official home screen of Kodi and then perform a click on the option that says Add-ons.
After that, click on the icon that comes in the shape of a box.
- With that out of the way, you need to select the option that says Install from Zip File.
Then click on the option that allows you to name your new Kodi Repository.
After that choose the Kodi repository file.
Then wait for Kodi to finish up installing the Kodi repository for you.
- Choose the option that says Install from Repository.
Then select the desired Kodi repository from the shown list.
Choose the related category of the Kodi add-on.
And then perform a tap on the Kodi add-on which you should install.
Then click on the button that says Install.
List of best Kodi add-ons for the Android platform.
Now, once you have managed to install the Kodi add-on that you want on your Kodi device you need to learn more about the best Kodi add-ons that are available in the market today.
Kodi has a ton of official and unofficial Kodi addons and sometimes it can become difficult to know which one you should install.
That is why we have compiled a small list of best Kodi addons for the Android platform.
We have included Kodi addons for Android that allow Kod users to watch content such as,
- Live sports
- TV Series
The Kodi addons for the Android platform that we need you to give proper thought to include,
- Genesis Reborn
- Neptune Rising
Now, before you get all excited and start watching any and all types of content via the Kodi addons that we have listed above, you need to make use of a good VPN for Kodi in order to protect your streaming and other online activities.
You need to do this if you want security for your Kodi device as well.
Using a good VPN for Kodi should also help you hide your online identity when you are streaming TV shows and Movies.
Why you must install Kodi on your Android device
There are many reasons for doing so.
XBMC or Kodi (as it is now known) stands pretty much on its own as the most popular streaming media player in the world.
Of course, in the end, it all depends on the type of content you are consuming but Kodi has made a ton of online consumers happy.
And that is because Kodi can guarantee high-quality entertainment on almost all platforms.
When it comes to Android platforms, it is even easier and quicker to get things going.
If you are having a hard time in coming up with more reasons why one should install Kodi on various Android devices then here is a list of the major benefits that you stand to enjoy by having Kodi on your Android box or TV.
- A huge range of different media content
- A service that costs you no money
- P2P streaming support
- Torrent support
- A genuine one-stop entertainment resource.
- Live broadcast streams of various TV shows, news, and sports.
The best way to set up remote control on the Android platform
- First, you should run Kodi and then perform a click on the icon that takes you to the Settings menu.
Then you need to choose the option that says System Information.
- After that, you should see your machine’s IP address. You need to note down this address. Preferably on a piece of paper.
- Then you need to go back a couple of screens till you reach the Settings menu.
From there you should click on the option that says Service Settings.
Now, look at the left-side bar on the screen and choose the option that says UPnP/DLNA.
- Now you need to turn ON the option that says Allow Remote Control via UPnP.
- We want you to pay attention to the left side of the bar.
From there we want you to choose the option that says Control.
Then you need to enable the option that says Allow Remote Control via HTTP.
- Look below that and change the value for the Port to 80.
Then you need to enter the text ‘Kodi’ in the text field that says Username.
On that note, we should mention here that you do not need to enter a password in the Password field.
- Pay attention to the Control menu that you are currently on and enable the option that says Allow remote control from applications on this Kodi system’.
You need to complete this step in order to make sure you are able to use a remote on your Kodi device as smoothly as possible.
- From the same screen, you also need to enable the option that says Allow remote control from application from other systems.
When that is done, you need to close the current options box
- Now you need to make your way to Google Play Store and then search for the term Kore.
Kore, as you might already know, is the official remote control application for the device running Kodi.
Once you have found the app you need to hit the button that says Install.
- Now you should launch the app, Kore.
After that, you need to perform a click on the button that says Next.
This button is usually present in the bottom right corner of your screen.
So go use it.
- When that is done you should make an effort to configure your Kodi remote manually.
Remember, if you want to have the best Kodi remote experience, you will need to use the best Kodi remotes for Android.
Currently we think the best Kodi remote for Android is either Inteset INT-422 or Sanoxy Wireless USB Remote.
- While you are configuring your Kodi remote you need to make sure that you enter the text ‘Kodi’ as the Media Center name.
Remember when we told you to note down the IP address of your machine in a previous step?
Great. Now you need to type that same IP address in the section labeled Address.
So go do that.
- As before, you need to enter the text ‘80’ in the section labeled 80.
- Enter the text that says Kodi under the Username field.
While you are at it, remember that you do not need to enter any text in the password field since in the previous step we did not set any password.
Now you need to click the button that says Test.
It usually appears near the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have connected the Kodi remote to your Kodi device you need to click the button that says Finish.
Again, this button will also appear near the button of your screen.
After that, just choose Remote.
- If you have followed all the steps in the order that we mentioned them, you should see Kodi remote appearing on your screen.
How to solve Kodi not working on Android TV Box?
Well, a sad fact of life, in general, is that whenever you are trying to install Kodi or any of its unofficial or official add-ons, it will give you some errors.
It will keep on nudging you with errors until you either give up streaming content via Kodi or search the internet for a solution, as you are doing right now.
We have done some research and have managed to identify some of the most common Kodi errors that people face on their Android TV boxes and other such Kodi devices.
Let’s take a look at some of them along with their specific solutions.
Kodi Android TV box error: Could not connect to Kodi repository
This is perhaps the most common error that Kodi users come across.
The problem with this issue is that it can have a multiple number of causal reasons.
You will have to check for all of them before formulating a solution that works for you.
For example, you could get the ‘could not connect to Kodi repository’ error because your Kodi device is not able to connect to the internet.
It could happen because your internet connection is slow as heck.
Or you could have mistyped the URL of the repository.
The solution is to first,
- Check your Kodi device and whether or not it has a connection to the internet.
- Check whether or not you have made a mistake in typing the URL of your Kodi repository correctly.
- What we have experienced is that sometimes in one’s anticipation to experience the latest high-quality entertainment piece, Kodi users forget to put that forward slash, ‘/’ when typing the URL for the repository. It comes at the very end, if you did not know that already.
Kodi Android TV box error: Failed to install a Kodi dependency
Another error that occurs fairly frequently is when a given Kodi user tries to install a given Kodi add-on from a specific Kodi repository which has been recently updated.
This error also happens when the Kodi repository or the Kodi add-on that the Kodi user is trying to install has been forcibly shut down.
So what is the solution in this case?
Well, the solution is simple enough.
Just try to install the Kodi add-on one more time but do so from a different Kodi repository.
Of course, in practice, that means you will have to use another URL for the Kodi repository that you are interested in.
The rest of the steps will remain, more or less, the same.
If you find that the error is still not going away then you need to understand that your Kodi repository link or Kodi add-on has gone through that ‘shut down’ process we talked about before.
Latest posts by Zohair (see all)
- How to Know If Your Employer Has Installed Spyware on Your Machine - 13 September 2019 11:00 AM
- ZenMate VPN Review - 12 September 2019 9:15 AM
- Best Torrent Sites for Ebooks - 26 August 2019 3:10 PM